Primary Eye Care services:
The Primary Eye Care commitment*:
Primary eye care is committed to ensuring the highest level of patient satisfaction for your peace of mind when you purchase products from our clinics.
Primary Eye Care centres incorporate Optometry, Orthoptics, Optical Dispensing and Sports Vision.
Our practices are equipped with highly advanced eye scanning instrumentation, including an optical coherence tomography (OCT), Pentacam digital retinal photography and a Humphrey's visual field machine.
No referrals are necessary and general optometric consultations are bulk billed.
- All frame purchases are eligible for 12 months guarantee and selected frames have a 2 Year guarantee.
Primary eye care (PEC), if possible will attempt to repair your frame first and if irreparable, we will replace it with the same frame, provided the frame is still available.
- If the same frame is no longer available, you may select a new frame as a replacement.
If the value of the new frame is less than the amount paid for the original frame, we will issue you an in-practice credit.
The PEC credit will be valid for 12 months from the day you collect your new frame. If the original lens from the broken frame cannot be fitted to the new frame, the new lens will be offered at a 50% discount.
- If the cost of the exchange frame is greater than the amount originally paid, you will be required to pay the difference.
- PEC frame guarantee does not cover breakage as this is not deemed to be a manufacturing fault.
- PEC lenses are eligible for 12 months guarantee against manufacturing defects.
This excludes defects caused by breakage or by not cleaning the lens according to the PEC guidelines.
The cleaning guidelines and after care of your lens is explained in writing when you pick up your glasses.
14 Day Exchange
- PEC will replace your spectacle frames, sunglasses, spectacle lenses and contact lenses within 14 days of purchase if you are not completely satisfied.
- The returned item must be in saleable or new condition on exchange and must not be damaged.
The item being returned must also be returned with any accessories and packaging it was supplied with.
- If the value of the replacement product is less than the amount originally paid, we will issue you an in-practice credit.
The PEC in-practice credit will be valid for 12 months from the day you collect your replacement product.
- If the cost of the exchanged product is greater than the amount originally paid, you will be required to pay the difference.
- If prescription lenses were dispensed during your original purchase and they do not fit the new frame then replacement lenses will be dispensed at no additional charge.
- PEC offer lifetime complimentary service on all products purchased.
This includes frame adjustments, cleaning of frames and lenses, and minor repairs including replacement screws, nose pads and temple tips.
some customised nose pads and temple tips may incur a small fee, PEC staff will discuss this with you prior to any repairs.
Using your existing frame to fit lens
- If your own frame, purchased from our clinic or another clinic is in good condition as assessed by our staff, we will gladly fit new lens.
However during the fitting process there is always a small chance the frame may break.
Should the frame break PEC will not accept financial liability for repairing or replacing the frame.
In this situation we will offer a 30% discount from our own range of frames.
Guarantee to have your glasses ready in 1 week
- If you require your glasses urgently; whether they are single vision, bifocal or progressive lens we have the systems in place to deliver within 7 business days or less.
You must mention this to our staff on the day that you attend the clinic and we will do our very best to meet your schedule.
- If the PEC Optometrist finds a change in your spectacle prescription within 1 month of issue, replacement lenses will be remade at no charge.
- Should a change in lens design occur, and the new lens type has a lower value than what was originally paid, we will issue you an in-practice credit.
The PEC in-practice credit will be valid for 12 months from the day you collect the remade lenses.
- If the cost of the new lens design is greater than the amount originally paid, you will be required to pay the difference.
Contact lens exchange
- Should your contact lens prescription change within 1 year of purchasing contact lenses, PEC will exchange your boxes to the new power at no charge. The returned boxes must be un-opened and the packaging in good condition. It will be at the discretion of PEC staff to assess the condition of the returned boxes prior to exchange.